Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things I hate about Facebook.

I, like almost any living human being, possess a facebook account, and I do enjoy it much more than my MySpace account  as there is much more things to do.

I like most of my friends. They're smart, driven and know their stuff. It's these strange foibles in facebook that sometimes make me mutter silently about how easy the internet has made us looking for self-gratification without putting much work into it.

Some of the things I hate:

a) How Well Do You Know Me? quizzes. This pisses me off since I don't know everything about my friends, even after being friends with them for more than 10 years. Do I even care about your favorite band of all time, since the last year you said was Fallout Boy, two years ago it was MCR, six years ago it was Linkin Park and 10 years ago it was Limp Bizkit. And really, if a friend knows about you 100%, wouldn't it worry you a bit?

b)  The minute details of your life. Sure, getting a tattoo doesn't count, but do I want to know where you are, and what are you eating? If I were, I would have just called you and asked where the hell are you.This also includes those that post random strings of text as their status. No, I don't care if you do it for the LOL's.

c) Gifts. I don't know about most of you people, but I always felt that those gifts are just plain useless, since there is absolutely no value whatsoever, other than the fact to remind the receiver the trouble you took on facebook to find it, and then sending it. Not to mention that some of it is plain weird; I once got a butt plug. I decided not to find out who sent it to me, even if it might have been done in jest.

d) Invitation to games. This goes to all that want me to be their in Rock Band, Mafia Wars or even Farmville. Sure it's fun. But when I want to use facebook, I want to meet people, not to play games.

e) Invitation to groups or fan pages. You have to remember just because I'm your friend doesn't mean I like everything you like. For example, your fave band may be FoB, mine happens to be Fugazi, and I respect that. But somehow people forgot the "respect" part. This includes those that want me to join this and that group as well the Guiness fan club. I did mention to you people I don't drink, right? I don't go around and smash beer glasses and torch stores selling beer, so don't try and tell me how awesome beer is.

That's all I would like to write on for now. Have a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and find a lot of your post’s to be exactly I’m looking for.
    I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write regarding here.
    Again, awesome blog! CSUF Portal Guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    បាការ៉ាត់អនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete